11.19.2008

Piper and Cheese

Now to talk about some of my other passions: my cats. (Yes I have a zoo!) Our two siblings are Piper and Cheese. Piper, a brown torby, was rescued out of a pipe when she was 6 weeks old, hence the name. Cheese, an orange tabby, was named after a character on Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. I truly believe how you treat them, the way you play with/pet them, and how much time you spend with them really helps to mold their personalities. We exposed them to all sorts of animals when they were little (friends' pets) and took them on walks in their stroller to the park or PetsMart, and they are well-rounded 1-year-old cats. They love everyone and are so gentle with other animals. They just watch curiously when we let the buns hop around. Cheese did get jealous when Lola was eating her Timothy Hay, so he grabbed some for himself and tried eating it! He realized it didn't taste that good but made a pretty awesome toy.



Unfortunately Piper is prone to UTIs so we have her on a special food to keep a healthy digestive tract, and we give her more canned food so she gets as much water as possible. We also give them the good stuff after we give them a bath or trim their claws, as a treat for sitting there so patiently and not clawing us to bits. :)



I will post a link later to their pics. Right now I must attend to my children!

No comments: