11.21.2008

I Hate Winter!!!

Considering the fact that it's about 28 degrees right now, I think it's time to discuss something I passionately dislike: WINTER! I try to be positive about things, and I suppose there are a few things that are OK about this dismal season, like:

  • Hot chocolate with whipped cream on top is the best, but only when it's cold outside
  • Bonfires are great, or cozying up inside your house with a blanket watching a great movie
  • If there is a lot of snow, you may be off work
  • I like seasonal foods, like cooked apples, sweet potato casserole, turkey/stuffing/cranberry sauce, honeybaked ham, etc.

Eh, that's about it for me. From now til probably May, I will be perpetually shivering until I throw my back out. Enjoy my list of why I hate winter below. If you can think of any more reasons please comment and let me know!

  • Getting up when it's dark and freezing
  • Running downstairs to start your car and then leaving for work at 7:30 am and it's still dark
  • Having to wear umpteen layers or thick coats that make you look twice as fat
  • Looking more pale than usual
  • Dry, burning skin (even though I have oily skin)
  • Dealing with a huge snowfall and NOT getting the day off work
  • The sink water takes forever to warm up when you are trying to wash your hands
  • Getting slosh in your shoes
  • Getting salt on your car...then trying to wash it so the salt doesn't eat at your car, only to get salt slopped back on it when you exit Mr. Car Wash's parking lot
  • My hands and toes do not thaw regardless of what I do
  • Your nose begins to run the second you step outside, then the snot freezes to your nose
  • Having to freeze INSIDE my home because the stupid electric company charges too much
  • You can't do any outdoor activities except jog, but even if that makes you warm, it hurts your chest from inhaling blustery air
  • The car is never warm until you reach your destination
  • All the trees are bare and there are no flowers; it's so depressing
  • Also depressing: less light is bad for your mood :(
  • Scraping your driveway or sidewalk or car when there is ice and snow
  • My lips get chapped and my legs are itchy when I shave them
  • You have to wear dorky things if you want to stay warm, like puffy jackets, earmuffs, thick boots. If you want to still feel cute, be prepared to freeze.

Well I think that's enough of a list for now. Please let me know what you think! For now, stay warm, unless you live somewhere like Florida, which in that case I am completely jealous!

1 comment:

dbcompetition said...

Well, this doesn't apply to most people but I have to wash windows at 4am and when it's freezing the water freezes on the windows before I get to wipe it off! Sometimes, if it's cold enough, this happens even when we add windshield wiper fluid to the water. It's horrible!