11.15.2008

Chloe and Lola

First of all a quick note to say: Welcome! I hope you enjoy the blog while you are here. Just let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Well the newest additions to our family are two mini lops named Chloe and Lola. Chloe is black & white and Lola is brown & gray. If anyone had additional tips for raising the happiest, healthiest buns please let me know. We got them a cage with Carefresh bedding, a litterbox with Critter Litter, ceramic pellet/water bowls, and unlimited Timothy hay. They are approximately 9 weeks old. I've only had them a week and a half but they have already won my heart! They love to run and hop really high, and at the same time they like to climb on our laps and lick our hands. They even try to clean our cats! (Don't worry the cats are extremely gentle and only get to be around the buns while we are watching.) I am trying to figure out how to litter train them. I put hay in the box and put pee-soaked bedding in the litter to let them know that's where it goes, but I know at the same time babies are harder to train. Any tips would be SO much appreciated!

Oh and by the way: if you have a question about bunny care do NOT ask someone from a pet store. When we were there a customer was asking the manager what to do when her bunny's cecals got a little mushier and they told her to use DriTail! I was glad I was there to advise that is for WET tail, which non-rodents don't get, and it says right on the package not to give to rabbits! Fortunately we are close to an awesome animal clinic that specializes in the treatment of buns and they are wonderful. If there are any other proud bunny owners feel free to send me pics of your babies!

No comments: